I am a fan of voluminous hairstyles because my hair by nature is very fine and flat when I don’t do anything to it. The updo that I am going to introduce to you is easy and chic and suitable for any occasion (even to work).
If you would like to wear this updo to a formal event/Christmas or NYE party, just use sparkly diamante hair clips/hair jaws/hair claws in your hair and you’re ready to go. This style is my go-to hairstyle whenever I need to rush out of the house to run some errands because it takes no more than 3 minutes for me to complete this look.
I apologize for the most unprofessional method of showing you how to do this updo. I basically had to take a selfie of every step so please bear with me.
What you need
- A couple of bobby pins
- 2 hair jaws/ hair claws (the tighter the grip the better)
- Hairspray (my favorite hairspray is TRESemmé Extra Firm Hold)
- Brush your hair to give some volume to it.
- Grab everything into a very high ponytail and hold this ponytail with the thumb and index finger of one hand. I used my left hand.
- Using your other hand, twist the ponytail around your index finger to form a bun until you have come to the end of the length of the ponytail. I used the 3 other fingers of my left hand to somewhat guide this twisting motion.
- You can see the 3 fingers of my left hand securing the section of the bun where the end of the ponytail is.
- Now holding the bun in place with just one hand, it should look something like this from the back.
- Using your other hand, take one of the hair jaws/ hair claws and clip one side of the bun.
- Then clip the other side.
- I don’t like my bun to be too tight so I use my finger to puff up the front section a little. The bun has been securely fastened by the 2 hair jaws/ hair claws so don’t worry about it falling apart from this action.
- You can see the ends of my ponytail sticking out of the bun.
- I use as many bobby pins as I need to pin down these stray ends sticking out.
- The bun is much neater this way and also a lot more secured. It can last me the entire day without falling into a mess.
- The final look is set using some hairspray. (Just FYI - at the end of the day when you let your hair down, you will notice significant increase in the volume of your hair!)
Hope you find this helpful!